About the Game:Portuguese Irregular Verbs Conjugation - Simple Present is a learning game made for the basic learners of Portuguese language. This game is very useful to understand the Portuguese verbs conjugation ending in IR in present simple. By playing this game, you can understand the use of verbs with different pronouns. Playing a little bit for couple of days will boost up your Portuguese language communication skill.
How to play?1. Click on Start button to start the game.
2. On the top, a verb will appear.
3. There are five different pronoun options. Match that verb with the correct option and click on the relative red circle with arrow.
4. If answer is correct, there will be the green color background and score will be increased by 1.
5. If answer is not correct, the there will be red background color.
6. After filling all five forms of verbs, the next verb will appear.
7. Repeat the same process.
In Portuguese language, there are basically four types of verbs. Irregular verbs , and the rest three are regular verbs ending in ar, er and ir. Almost 99 percent of verbs are regular and they end with either ar, er or ir. To conjugate them with the pronouns all regular verbs have their own easy rule. But, for irregular verbs, there are not certain rules to conjugate. Whatever, its simple and looks like a same pattern to use them with pronouns. Here we are talking about 40 irregular verbs that are important in daily use.
verb SABER (To know)Eu sei. I know.
Tu sabes. You know. (informal)
Você sabe. You know. (formal)
Ele/Ela sabe. He/She knows.
Eles/Elas sabem. They know.
Nós sabemos We know.
In Portuguese Tu or Você both means YOU. Normally in European Portuguese Tu is used more often and in Brasil Você is used more. Basically Tu is informal and Você is a formal way to say YOU.
40 most used irregular verbs in Portuguese
These are the 40 basic irregular verbs in Portuguese and their meaning in English